Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Should I Or Should I Not?


I started blogging because everyone I know is doing it. Good reason, hu? Since I started blogging, I haven't even invited any of the people who got me into blogging to my site. I don't even know if they would even want to read my blogs. Then I started thinking, why do I even want to do this? Its just one more thing to keep up with. I know, its not like I have a whole lot to do here in Guam but still something keeps me from really getting into this blogging thing. Then the other day, it hit me. I don't know if Im going to get a return out of this.

Here is what I mean. Every time you blog, you put a little bit of yourself out there. Well, at least thats how I look at it. Im the kind of person who doesn't really like to put myself out there unless I know that its going to benfit myself or my family. Its almost like why should I take the time to put down my thoughts, however crazy they may be, for people who may or may not care what Im thinking on any particular subject. Whats the purpose of putting into cyberspace what I think and care about if the only return I get is an occassional passerby who reads and moves on?

Perhaps I should change my outlook on blogging or just stop doing it, while Im ahead. I guess for now, I will keep blogging here and there...a little bit now and then. When I finally figure out what it is I really want to do with blogging, I 'll let you all know.

2 comments:

ma'elePHOTO said...

hahaha... how come I could almost hear you saying this. Just keep it up! If you're like me and RARELY get to writing stuff down on paper this is a great alternative. I'm not very good at it, but atleast I can humor myself with my little stories and life. I love to read your blog stories-- you have a wealth of experience to share from Guam!

{priscilla} said...

Of course you should! Now that I know you have a blog I'll be checking you out and seeing what delightful thoughts and words of widsom you have to share with us all the way from Guam. And don't forget to post pics too...I'd love to get a glimpse of what you see!