Tuesday, January 20, 2009

At Last

Know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy
Barack Obama

I have to admit that I had my reservations regarding Barack Obama and his ability to lead our country. Since the primaries, I've read, researched, fussed and fumed about my thoughts on the next leader of the US. Im not going to write about what I discovered in my readings or what new light came into my mind because thats all irrelevant now. What is relevant is what I feel and know now having just watched the inauguration of President Obama. Never in my life have I ever felt that I or someone like me could ever be President of the United States. Thats all changed now. It still remains to be seen what type of leadership President Obama will provide for a nation that is clearly in turmoil. What is clear to me now more than ever is that I can finally say and see that someone like me or more importantly someone like my children can be President someday. I hope to build for my children a legacy of empowerment and responsibilty for the next generation. I hope that they will dare to dream the impossible because its their destiny and nothing can hold them back!!

No comments: